Outsourcing virtual assistant agencies in Australia and worldwide is in trend. It is because virtual assistants help businesses boost growth and productivity while saving a lot of money.
When we talk about the benefits of hiring virtual assistants over full-time employees, they are countless. For this reason, there is a surge in demand for virtual assistant services in Australia. If you also want to outsource a virtual assistant from a third-party vendor, here are some interesting facts you need to know about virtual assistants. But before, you must be familiar with terms like outsourcing and virtual assistants.
What is outsourcing?
It is a method of organisations employing professionals from a third-party vendor to handle various activities in the business place.
For example, by outsourcing a team of virtual assistants, you can streamline customer engagements. Also, you can save money in hiring in-house professionals and installing tools and technologies. Additionally, you can outsource other services, like payroll, IT, accounting, legal counselling, and so on.
What is a virtual assistant?
Virtual assistants are professionals who can handle various tasks in a business space. They are anything from creative assistance to administrative and technical. Unlike a full-time employee, a virtual assistant is quite flexible. It means depending on the work, they can work full-time or part-time.
Virtual assistants are specifically meant to help small businesses. But both medium and large-scale enterprises are leveraging their benefits. Let us look at some interesting facts about virtual assistants.
Fascinating facts to know about virtual assistants
- The age of most virtual assistants is over 35. It means they can offer years of experience and skills and add value to your business. One thing more, these professionals hail from different parts of the world and bring in diversity.
- With virtual assistants, firms can save nearly 78% on operational costs than a full-time employee.
- According to 90% of remote employees, they work more effectively from home. Two-thirds of managers across the globe choose virtual assistants over full-time due to improvements in productivity and other benefits.
- Virtual assistants can help enterprises to save precious time while clearing the schedule for other core activities.
- Over the years, the average hourly workload of virtual assistants has increased by 17%. It means there is an increase in virtual assistant agencies workload by 13%.
The impact of COVID-19 in an increased dependency on virtual assistants
The COVID-19 pandemic has a significant influence on how businesses operate across the globe. The pandemic results in the shutting down of physical stores and industries, so corporations, organisations, and enterprises turn to practical ways to keep their operations running. That is outsourcing virtual assistants and other professionals.
Contrary to previous years, 2020 witnessed a surge in demand for virtual assistants via offshore agencies by 40%. On the other hand, full-time staff increased remarkably due to COVID-19 restrictions and nationwide lockdown.