Are you expanding your business? Do your employees have a tough time meeting the deadlines? Do you think you are paying unnecessarily to your full-time employees? No matter which situation you fit in, outsourcing virtual assistants in Australia can solve many of your problems.
For example, they can act as additional hands to help your employees focus on other core functionalities. You can also replace full-time staff to handle non-core tasks with virtual assistants, by doing this, you can save both money and time.
But hiring a virtual assistant is not as simple as it seems, especially when there is a pool of virtual assistants. So, making one wrong decision can badly affect your company growth. Since virtual assistants can influence the performance of your business and user experience, you should make a wise decision. To help you, we have listed the top mistakes you must avoid when hiring a virtual assistant in Sydney/Australia.
Common virtual assistant hiring slip-ups
- Outsourcing a VA for the wrong reasons: We have seen many enterprises hire virtual assistants because they read an article about the benefits of working with virtual assistants. On the other hand, they go for it because someone suggested it. But this should not be the case.
Please remember, if outsourcing is beneficial for most small-scale to medium-sized companies, it does not mean that your company will benefit from it too! It is advisable to understand your business goals and needs before deciding whether you need a virtual assistant team or not.
- Failing to consider the language: In comparison to in-house employees, hiring an overseas virtual assistant comes with more economic benefits. There have been times when the efforts, time, and money of enterprises became a complete waste. Are you wondering why? Well, the answer is they did not consider language barriers.
If you want to outsource overseas virtual assistants, you must make sure that they are aware of your language requirement. It will avoid any chances chance of confusion and ensure smooth communication.
- Insufficient qualifying system: Another common yet a grave mistake entrepreneurs make, is hiring a virtual assistant based on their Curriculum Vitae. Of course, CVs or resumes are the best references to determine whether the candidate is qualified for the job or not. But your decision should not depend entirely on this. After all, it is not difficult to create a fake CV. You need to perform several tests and interviews before sealing the deal.
- Outsourcing the first candidate: We have witnessed enterprises that hire the first candidate who applied for a virtual assistant vacancy. But this is a big mistake.
The first candidate you come across might be the right fit for your business needs, goals, and demands. But there are chances to have better options. So, even if the first candidate seems apt for your enterprise, always shortlist the most qualified ones and choose the best.
- Unrealistic expectations: It is essential to have a job description when hiring a virtual assistant in Melbourne. It tells what you expect from your potential virtual assistant. However, no human is perfect to match all your requirements.
There are two things you need to keep in mind. Firstly, have realistic expectations from your prospective virtual assistant. Secondly, communicate your expectations clearly with a virtual assistant during the interview.
Even if you are a business-running superhero, do not think virtual assistant outsourcing is an easy win. Before you dive into conducting extensive market research, you must know your business needs and have a clear vision. Of course, you must consider these pitfalls when making a decision.