The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, and supporting the network connectivity and security required for the company. Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes and security configurations. This position will require making contributions to IT and Business Unit projects as well as supporting the business units through incident resolution.
The role also requires on-call technical support for major incidents on a shared Roster.
What we are looking for?
- Excellent command in English
- Exposure in Computer networks.
- Previous Experience handling Australian customers and
- Making sure Entire network support operation achieve the KPIs
- Support ticket queues to be maintained to achieve discussed KPI measures.
- Call Waiting queues to be maintained to achieve discussed KPI measures.
- Customer complaints to be maintained to achieve discussed KPI measures.
- Project work to be completed to achieve discussed KPI measures.
- Answering technical support telephone calls and assisting customers with their IT related issues/enquiries
- Diagnosing and lodging faults with wholesale suppliers
- Checking and responding to helpdesk tickets
- Cisco, Draytek, AT and Juniper Router configurations
- Configuring and troubleshooting of SIP handsets and other SIP endpoints
- Configuring Asterisk PABX features such as IVR’s, Queues, Schedules etc Configuring CPE for all types of data connections
Help Desk Support
- Answer customer calls in a timely and efficient manner
- Log customer technical support jobs in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain communication levels with customers with respect to their job status
- Escalate technical support jobs as required
Experience / Knowledge
- Experience in configuring Cisco & Juniper devices
- ADSL and other Broadband modem and router configurations
- Network designs and Network solutions.
- SIP Voice technologies – Asterisk Open-source PABX Configuring and troubleshooting
- Cisco, Draytek, AT and Juniper router configuration
- Routing protocols and subnetting
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support
- Maintain and troubleshoot network systems and identify and correct problems
- Excellent telephony skills
- Ability to learn and understand the company’s product suite
- A high degree of accuracy, planning and organization
- Ability to handle and schedule a demanding workload to meet customer requirements
- Ability to meet on-call requirements
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Maintain documentation and records
Education & Qualifications
Any combination of training, experience and/or education degree level equivalent supplemented by satisfactory completion of industry technical certification courses in the use of computers and applications (such as Microsoft, Juniper, Cisco, etc.), data communications technology, and problem determination.